Monday, February 13, 2012

Obsessed by peacocks

I've liked peacocks since forever ago. I still have a 70's macrame piece I made with peacock feathers hanging in my home. This vintage peacock painting on Craigslist, in a town nearby, has been an obsession for a year. The person never replied to my queries, but the ad stayed active for months. I wanted it so bad! Then just as I'm getting over it, at least a little bit, the ad is reposted and again no reply to my many emails.

I have searched high and low for another just like it, or something similar, to satisfy my constant craving. No luck. Then I read through Robin Brown's book by Country Living- A Bit of Velvet & a Dash of Lace: The Fabulous Interiors of  Magnolia Pearl and notice she has an artist friend paint peacocks on her walls.
So, I have contacted a local artist, Sandra Dee, and hope she'll paint a mural on my bedroom wall that will put me at rest. However, if you run across this painting, call me.

No comments: