Friday, February 10, 2012

It's almost spring and I'm just now parting with fall


This summer and fall I subscribed to a farm co-op program, where every Wednesday you pick up a box full of seasonal fruits and vegetables. It was fun and somewhat adventurous eating a predetermined selection by mother nature. I shared the bounty with an elderly friend, a man who loves to cook. The food was yummy and farm fresh. But, my two favorite weeks were the two I got these fabulous pumpkins. One a blue green and one a mottled orange, both with deep ridges. I was selfish and kept them in my dining room as decoration, feeling somewhat wasteful for not eating them. They were gorgeous and made me smile every time I went in the room.
They have lasted 6 months and I have just thrown them away. I can't wait for this season to start and see what's in the box each week.

No comments: