Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Favorite Chairs

I've spent a good part of my nights this year reading and rereading Carolyn Quartermaine's book Unwrapped and longing for the tall ceilings of my old house and some of the stunningly gorgeous script fabrics by Carolyn Quatermaine. So when I saw this wonderful linen printed with script that looks like it's from the signing of the Declaration of Independence at Renee's in Aberdeen, I had to have it knowing the perfect project for it- a pair of tired-gold velvet chairs I'd seen in an antiques store. My upholsterer hated me when I brought the project to them, but their results are phenomenal and I'm in love. I still need to paint the chair legs (as soon as I decide between black or brown). My pictures aren't good and I'll get some better ones posted. Love 'em! I'll keep hoping to luck up on a some of CQ's colorful fabric for some accent pillows one of these days...


No comments: